In order to get started using Boost, you need an account. You can register for an account at https://app.boost.systems/register.
Don’t worry, you can test drive Boost for 2 months free of charge to decide if it is for you.
Once you are registered, you will receive a confirmation email with an activation link. Click the activation link in your mail to activate your account and start using Boost.
The first time you visit Boost you will be faced with an empty dashboard page and probably not much of an idea of where to go from here, se let us start with a short overview of what Boost can do for you:
Boost is an information management and workflow tool to help you automate your daily office administration activities. To give you some concrete examples:
- If you make a lot of purchase orders (by copying and editing an excel template for example), you can define the form in Boost and create a template for it. You can also add a workflow to notify the correct people when a new purchase order is created, approved or completed for example.
- If you have to create employment contract and manage these as the person responsible for HR, you can create a template in Boost to automate the complete lifecycle, including a workflow to remind HR of impending contract expiration.
- Do you need to generate payslips based on timesheets? With Boost you can define a timesheet form for employees or contractors to fill in online (or via the mobile app) and define a workflow to generate payslips based on these timesheets.
- You can create an invoice form where you collect the basic invoice data, add a template to generate a PDF of your invoices, then send them to clients using a workflow and finally, you can use a connector to send these invoices to your selected accountancy package.
- There are many different possibilities but we will try to describe some common cases in the rest of this article to help you on your way.
As a newly registered user, you have full admin rights within your account. This means you can create new forms, templates and workflows and also add more users and specify which users see and may do what.
Let’s start by creating a simple invoice form and template and then add a basic credit management workflow. We will start with a very simple implementation that can later be improved as we get to know the system a little better. You can view the HOWTO here.